Dog Training Tips

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stop Dog Whining With Positive Reinforcement

While stopping dog whining can be one of the more difficult actions to control. I know that for me I always had one dog that would constantly whine about anything that he could think of. While I have tried many methods I found that some of them worked really well, while others would leave me thinking that I was wasting my time. So I thought I would share the method that I found that worked out best in helping to stop my dog from doing this behavior all the time.

The method that I found that works out best is to figure out what he is whining about. I know that at times this can be very difficult to do because they could be doing this for attention, something is wrong, they have to go potty, or a wide variety of reasons. I know that if they are doing it for attention the worst thing that you can do is give them the attention right away because then they will keep on doing that behavior each time that they want to have that reward. So the best way that you can get them to stop whining for attention would be to ignore the whine until they are quieted down and settled down some then you will be able to pet them.

I know that this might seem kind of odd that once you discover that they are doing this because of wanting attention that you just ignore them, but if you give them attention they will keep doing this. However, by ignoring them and only rewarding them when they stop the bad action they will put two and two together and stop the bad behavior.

If you do not believe me on how easy it is to stop your dogs whining problem it can be done very easily. I know that finding out what your dog is whining about is the first step, but you will want to find out even more information at dogbarkingcure.info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want To Start Making Money Today

Popular Pets